Places To Stay in the Lake Norman Region
Where Should I Stay in Lake Norman?
Most of the hotels are located on the south and east side of the lake which is the most developed area around the lake. Fortunately, these cities are close enough in proximity that you can visit all of these on your stay. For example, Huntersville is located off of exit 23 and exit 25 on I-77. Cornelius and Davidson are right up the road on exit 28 and exit 30 respectively and Mooresville is situated between exit 31 and 36.
Generally speaking, I would choose a hotel based on its’ rates, reviews, amenities and quality. Once you begin your search all of this info will be provided for each hotel.
- Search Cornelius Hotels
- Search Concord Hotels (Charlotte Motor Speedway)
You can also go to Visit Lake Norman website for a complete review of ALL Hotels in the Lake Norman Region.
However, if you have specific plans, there may be hotels that are more convenient for you. Here are a few examples.
- Going into Charlotte? If you are coming and going into Charlotte during rush hour traffic on week days, Huntersville would be a good option. Exit 23 is the last exit heading south before the 2 lane turns into the 4 lane on I-77.
- Going to the Race? Mooresville is known as RaceCity USA and has great museums and is home to many of the NASCAR teams. If you want to be closer to the Charlotte Motor Speed Way, search for hotels in Concord. This is also where the Concord Mills Mall is located.
- Visiting the Hospital? Novant Health Huntersville Medical Center is at located off of Exit 23 and Lake Norman Regional Medical Center is in Mooresville off of exit 33.
- Visiting Lake Norman State Park or going to Statesville? The Lake Norman State Park is located on the north side of the Lake while Statesville is north of the Lake Norman area. Hotels in the Mooresville are would provide easy access.