Cornelius experienced tremendous growth from 2000 to 2014. In 2000, the U.S. Census Bureau stated the population was 11,969. According to the 2010 decennial census, the population grew to 24,866.
Cornelius is approximately 15 square miles. Lake Norman was created in 1963, by damming the Catawba River. Lake Norman has approximately 520 miles of shoreline, with Cornelius having the largest amount of shoreline of all the municipalities on the lake (approximately 70 miles).
Search Cornelius Waterfront Homes by Price
Click for Condos for sale up to $599,000
- 100 Norman Place waterfront homes for sale
- Bahia Bay waterfront homes for sale
- Biscayne Park waterfront homes for sale
- Blue Stone Harbor waterfront homes for sale
- Bluff Point waterfront homes for sale
- Captains Point homes for sale
- Country Club Shores homes for sale
- Crown Harbor waterfront homes for sale
- Diane Shores homes for sale
- Enclave waterfront homes for sale
- Mountain View Beach waterfront homes for sale
- The Peninsula waterfront homes for sale
- Olmsted Park waterfront homes for sale
- Patrick’s Purchase waterfront homes for sale
- Pointe Regatta waterfront homes for sale
- Rockridge Shores waterfront homes for sale
- Sterling Pointe waterfront homes for sale
- Waterford Point waterfront homes for sale
- Wright’s Emerald Cove waterfront homes for sale
The Peninsula Community rests along 11 miles of Lake Norman shoreline in Cornelius, NC, offering the perfect retreat for anyone who desires the good life. Located in the heart of the community is The Peninsula Club, Lake Norman's premier private member-owned country club, with a spectacular 35,000 square foot Clubhouse with restaurant, Swim/Tennis complex, dedicated Sports Center, Children’s Activities Center and The Club’s magnificent Rees Jones designed golf course overlooking Lake Norman. Located close to the clubhouse and amenities is 18300 Mainsail Pointe DR. One of The Peninsula's newest homes with construction starting in 2017 and being finalized in 2019, the stunning 7300 square foot home has timeless architecture and resembles the Cape Cod style. Built by Patrick Joseph Distinctive Homes and designed by Elite Design Group on a spectacular waterfront lot.
|Type:||Single Family Residence|
|Virtual Tour:||Click here|
Based on information submitted to the MLS GRID as of 2021-04-21 18:00:00. All data is obtained from various sources and may not have been verified by broker or MLS GRID. Supplied Open House Information is subject to change without notice. All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information. Some IDX listings have been excluded from this website.
Contact An Agent: