Whether you value living near the water, shopping districts, charming downtowns or 18-hole golf courses, you have plenty of options in the Lake Norman area.
We looked at monthly sales data from the Charlotte Regional Realtors Association to determine neighborhoods that sold at least 20 homes this year in the communities of Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, Mooresville and eastern Lincoln County. Then, we went backwards from the Thanksgiving holiday to see which Lake Norman neighborhoods sold 20 homes the fastest.
Without further ado, here are the 12 hottest neighborhoods in the Lake Norman area:
1. The Peninsula – When you consider luxury living on the lake, The Peninsula has to be one of a handful of neighborhoods that first come to mind. The Cornelius neighborhood sold 20 homes within the last three months. Six of those cost more than $1 million. The most expensive was for $2.75 million on Flying Jib Road.
2. Cedarfield – About half of the most recent 20 homes sold in this Huntersville neighborhood went for less than $200,000. Six homes sold in November alone. The wooded neighborhood is near McCoy Road off of Exit 23.
3. Curtis Pond – Most of the recent homes sold in this Mooresville neighborhood went between $200,000 and $250,000. The neighborhood is off of Rocky River Road, putting in within the award-winning Mooresville Graded School District.
4. Birkdale – The Charlotte Regional Realtors Association distinguishes home sales in the Birkdale area by where the properties fall north or south of N.C. 73 in Huntersville. These are the homes south of the highway, which 12 of the most recently sold cost between $300,000 and $500,000. Cross the highway and you’re shopping or dining at Birkdale Village.
5. Vermillion – Most of these Huntersville homes cost between $300,000 and $500,000, with one going as high as $573,273 on Serenity Street. The neighborhood off Huntersville-Concord Road is fairly new, with its 1996 master plan playing a role in helping Huntersville redefine its downtown. The neighborhood has it’s own pub in Harvey’s Bar and Grill.
6. Northstone – One of the perks of moving to this Huntersville community is immediate access to the NorthStone Country Club, which includes a golf course, tennis courts and swimming pools. Residents are also near shopping on Sam Furr Road. Many of the homes sell in the $300,000s.
7. The Point – Ten of the most recent homes that have sold in the lakefront Mooresville neighborhood have crossed the $1 million mark. Someone paid $3.8 million for a home on Falmouth Road and $2.2 million for a home on Longfellow Lane. Doesn’t hurt that real estate mogul Donald Trump bought the golf course and invested millions into upgrading it to the Trump National Golf Course brand.
8. The Farms – The neighborhood, off Brawley School Road in Mooresville, offers more affordable lake living, with some of the more expensive homes sold recently ranging $600,000 to $700,000. Woodland Heights Elementary, Brawley Middle and Lake Norman High are nearby.
9. Macaulay – Between McDowell Creek and Interstate 77 in Huntersville, this neighborhood isn’t too far the shopping and dining at Birkdale Village. The community offers residents access to a pool and tennis courts. You can also find homes in the $200,000 to $300,000 range.
10. River Run – A golf course community couldn’t ask for better publicity than hosting a PGA Tour event. River Run Country Club has served as the home for the Chiquita Classic since 2013. Most of the homes that have sold since July have cost more than $500,000. The highest was $930,000 on River Falls Drive.
11. Skybrook – This resort-style community on the Huntersville-Cabarrus County border gives residents access to a golf course, tennis courts, swim parks and fitness center. Within the last six months, sales have spanned $225,000 to nearly $599,000.
12. Westport – As one of four communities in eastern Lincoln County to sell at least 20 homes this year, this Denver community boasts the Westport Golf Club and the Club at Westport, which offers tennis, swimming and fitness options. The community offers lakeside living, but not as expensive as in other towns. Three homes recently sold in the $700,000s.
Welcome to 134 Cape Cod Way! This exceptional home is a stunning example of modern contemporary architecture that is certain to impress. Located on nearly a full acre within The Point at Trump National Golf Club, this home offers almost 9000 square feet of flawlessly designed living space. The attention to detail in every aspect of the home is truly remarkable, creating a perfect environment for living and entertaining. From the impressive work of art staircase to the incredible backyard oasis, this home has everything you could ever hope for in lakefront living. A large, calm water cove with minimal boat traffic that is perfect for lake lounging, swimming, and paddle boarding and The Point Tavern and Clubhouse are only minutes away by boat. The exceptional quality, style, and location of this home speak for themselves. Don't miss out on the opportunity to make this masterpiece your own - schedule your showing today!
|Type:||Single Family Residence|
Based on information submitted to the MLS GRID as of 2023-05-31 18:00:00. All data is obtained from various sources and may not have been verified by broker or MLS GRID. Supplied Open House Information is subject to change without notice. All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information. Some IDX listings have been excluded from this website.
Contact An Agent:
- Golf Courses on Lake Norman - August 5, 2022
- Lake Norman NC Sunset – Lake Norman Homes - August 4, 2022
- Lake Norman NC Home Market Changing? – Price Decreased in the past 7 days - August 4, 2022
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.